In the past 30 years, Jimmy has devoted his career to being an instructor, coach and mentor to the golfing community of Raleigh. Jimmy had the wonderful opportunity to work alongside of and learn from talented instructors such as; Peggy Kirk Bell; Conrad Rehling, long time Alabama coach; Wally Armstrong; Mike Bender; Dr. Richard Coop, sports psychologist; Ronnie Reitz; and Matt Kluck.
Jimmy’s extensive experience includes working with thousands of golfers of all ages and abilities from beginners to touring professionals.
• Fifteen years coaching PGA professionals and low handicapped amateurs at Carolinas PGA Player’s School in Pinehurst,
• Golf clinics that incorporate golf fitness with golf instruction at Rex Wellness Centers, and
• Numerous clinics for Triangle corporations.
Jimmy has also conducted numerous clinics and golf schools.
• Fifteen years for YMCA’s Camp Sea Gull,
• Ten years for FCA Junior Camps at Pine Needles Lodge in Southern Pines, and
• Three years for the EWGA
One of Jimmy’s passions has been teaching and coaching in the Raleigh area schools. Some of his teaching experience includes:
• Meredith College – Physical Education Program
• Sanderson High School – Boys’ Varsity Golf Coach
• Saint Mary’s School – Girls’ Varsity Golf Coach
- 2011 TISAC Conference Runners-up
- 2011 Third-Place Finish in the State Championship
- 2011 All-State Team – Two players qualified
- 2012 TISAC Conference Individual Champion
- 2012 All-State Team
• St. Timothy’s Middle School Golf Coach